JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
REPORT TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
Procure quality products and services commensurate with the value for the organization in order to maintain stock levels and enable the Company meet its objectives
- Adopt a process that will ensure procurement is done in an Open & Transparent manner.
- Manage the annual supplier prequalification exercise to identify credible and reliable suppliers
- Preparation of Suppliers pre-qualification documents
- Coordinate with relevant user departments in preparation of quality specifications of goods and services required.
- Preparation of assigned professional opinion for signing by the Accounting Officer
- Compile, analyse &Consolidate the annual procurement plans
- Ensure inventory control& conduct stock taking
- Coordinate the receiving and opening of tender/quotation documents and the evaluation of tenders, quotations or proposals
- Secretarial of the tender evaluation &disposal committee
- Preparation &Verification of LPO’s and LSO’s for approval by the Accounting Officer
- Ensure certification of invoices and payment vouchers to suppliers
- Prepare and submit the quarterly, monthly & bi annual mandatory reports for signing by the Managing Director
- Advice management on the best procurement &supply chain
- Participate in the management and regular update of Company Asset Register alongside the Asset committee.
- Conduct product/market survey, periodically as prescribed by the PPADA 2015, so as to guide in the making of the professional opinions for financial decisions.
- Analytical skills
- Good Interpersonal skills, ability to interact well both internally (within the Organization) and externally
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Ms Excel & Sage
- Previous experience in handling Projects
- Knowledge of the Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act 2015 & Public Procurement Regulations 2020.
- Customer focus
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Team player
- High level Integrity
- Innovative with strong initiative
- Ability to maintain Confidentiality
Minimum three (3) years working experience in procurement.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management/Procurement or relevant field
- Membership of KISM/CIPS/Institute of Purchasing & Supplies
- Must have Supplies Practioner’s licence